Saturday, March 23, 2013

Sally Girl Type A and China Glaze Techno

Hello everyone!  I hope all has been well!  Today I have a fun, bright combo that is perfect for the upcoming summer months.  Bright colors and holographic glitter are both one of my weaknesses and this mani is one of my favorites that I have repeated a few times now.



First up is Sally Girl Type A.  This is a bright purple/pink color that has a surprising matte finish.  I like picking these up because their cheap and you never really know what you are getting.  I used two coats in my photos and as you can see it has a streaky, lumpy look.  I love the color but hate the end results.  A quick top coat cleans everything up beautifully but kills the matte. 






Now for some fun, China Glaze Techno.  I love this polish!  It is a clear base packed with two sizes of holographic glitter.  This stuff goes on great with just one coat and adds that extra sparkle to any color.  As you can see in the pics the color of Type A changed completely and now looks so smooth!  I followed with a top coat of my Gelous to even out the glitter.


 



So who's ready for summer?  I can't wait to rock this combo on my toes while hanging at the lake.  Thanks for stopping by again today and I can't wait to see you all again really soon!





4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous combo! I love the finish on that Sally Girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed on the finish, I think with some time you could get a pretty smooth finish with out ruining it with clear top coat.

      Delete
  2. Wow! The SG Type A is stricking, but I agree that it pops more with a topcoat, especiall the CG you chose to top it ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Again, I have worn this combo a few times now (even got a spare Type A) and every time I love it!

      Delete