Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Going Pink on Wednesday

Good day everyone!  I am back again with another set of pink nails.  Each Wednesday this month a group of bloggers and I have gone pink to help raise more awareness for breast cancer.  I am sure most of you by now are aware but did you know how easy it is this month to help out?  Lots of us live on tight budgets and don't think we could donate but it is so easy this month to help out and not spend any extra cash.  How you ask?  Well when you go out shopping this month for your regular household supplies, food, personal care, etc. look for specially marked packaging.  These vendors will donate preset amounts from their sales to many different foundations that help in the research or care of breast cancer.  If you shop at Walgreens they have made it super easy to donate cash by giving you the option at check out.  You select your amount and they just added it to your total.  It's that easy!  Now time for those pink nails.

I was asked by a friend last month to create her a pretty polish but didn't want anything glitter, I gladly accepted the challenge.  Now this friend has been through some rough times in the past few months but has stood strong and pushed through these problems to rise on top in the end.  I felt it would be appropriate to name this polish "Strength" after her.  Strength is a soft pink with the slightest rainbow glitter scattered through out.

Strength

Macro of Strength

This was only two coats.

Again, the glitter is such a soft touch but that needed sparkle we all must have.

If you like Strength then I would suggest heading over to Cosmetich and entering her amazing October giveaway!  You can also enter the Model City Polish giveaway, Giveaway tab in header, and pick this as one of your freebies.  Hope you all have a great day and remember, stay strong and you will end up on top.


18 comments:

  1. Your estry is great, and that color (and name) is perfect for your friend :) The subtle effect of the shimmer is loooovely ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. I am not a huge fan of pink but this one turned out pretty nice. Good for any occasion.

      Delete
  3. The colour, the name everythin is perfect! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a delicate gorgeous oink!! And the shimmer is just icing on the cake... Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty. I've never heard of this brand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am the crazy mastermind behind Model City Polish. I have such a blast creating new things!

      Delete
  6. Lovely pink shade. Where can I see other Model City polishes? I´ve just started following you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the follow, following back. You can find more of my polish on etsy, http://www.etsy.com/shop/ModelCityPolish

      Delete
  7. Very soft shade, I love it. A perfect palate cleanser that still has some zing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful color, and equally beautiful story behind it. Nicely done :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a pretty pink, Nina! I love the name, and it is so appropriate for a "Go Pink" mani! It's so cool to see an indie maker create a glitter polish that ISN'T a glitter bomb, great job!

    ReplyDelete