Sunday, October 7, 2012

52 Week Challenge: Week 4 Gradient or Ombre

Hello everyone!  Hope you guys are having an amazing day!  Today I have my Week 4 challenge, gradient or ombre.  I have never personally done an ombre pattern where each nail is a different color, so I picked this option for my challenge.  The obvious color choice was blue and it turned out awesome.


It actually took me some time to pick out the perfect colors.  I would pick one but as soon as I paired it with the other color choices I would notice one had more purple or green tints.  I ended up with 5 lovely blue colors that worked perfectly with each other.

Icing J'adore, Julep Claire, Sinful Colors Why Not, Finger Paints Inkblot Blue, and Julep Eloise



I was pretty happy with the results but me being me, I wanted something else.  All of the polishes were a cream base but had a finish shine difference.  Solution.....matte it!  I recently acquired the Butter London Matte Finish but hadn't had a chance to use it yet, here was my opportunity.


I love it!  The colors mate even better now.  The Butter London matte went on super smooth and dried surprisingly quick.  My pinky nail looked almost black before but adding the matte brought the blue tones out better.

Butter London Matte Finish



I am glad I have this blog to make note of this color combo because I will certainly use again.  The colors worked great together and the matte was an awesome finish touch.  I hope you guys are enjoying the 52 Week Challenge, I know I am!  Have a great day everyone and I'll see you soon.



1 comment: