Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Color Club Blue-Ming and Model City Marigold

Tonight I have a summer blend by Color Club and one from Model City.  The results weren't exactly what I was going for but ended up reminding me of an easter egg.  First up is Color Club Blue-ming.  I really was wanting this to be more of a sky blue color but ended up having a heavy green tint.  Color isn't bad just not what I had in mind.  Polish was ok to apply, nothing to rave about.  I received this as a mini in one of my Birchbox's and finally had the chance to use it.  On to the pics.

Blue-Ming



This was three coats with a fast dry top coat.  

Again this color was more green than what I had wanted but still a nice color.  It was a vibrant color and had a very even finish.  I have a few Color Club bottles in my collection and are a decent brand.  Especially if you have a Ross close by, you can pick up 7 bottle packs for less than $10!

 Next up is Marigold by Model City Polish.  I just went with one coat as a top coat.  The green hexes made the green of the polish stand out even more.  Marigold is just a fun quick top coat.  You can pick Marigold up at my etsy shop, Marigold.

Marigold


This was one generous coat of Marigold followed up with a fast dry top coat.

This certainly was not my favorite combo.  Maybe if it was closer to spring I could have enjoyed it more.  Not the summer feel I was looking for.

Thanks for stopping by and please let me know what you guys would like to see more or less of.  Starting Sunday will be my Etsy shop of the week.  I hope to over the next few months introduce the indie world a little more.  There are some great people on there making wonderful products and I would like to share my experience with them and their stuff.  Hope you guys will take a moment each week and take a look.  It's time to get back to the basics.  I like my commercially made items as much as the next person but there is something special about a homemade piece.  A majority of the stuff I have bought on there is better made, better customer service, and reasonably priced. Good evening everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment